Auction Terms & Conditions ** Merchandise can be previewed prior to the auction by scheduling an appointment, please call 410-658-9720.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT BID.
2. All items are sold AS IS, WHERE IS with all faults.
3. Buyer is responsible for paying cost of item or items won, 20% Buyer's Premium (discounts may apply), Sales tax of 6% and all shipping, handling and freight charges.
4. 20% Buyers Premium. 15% Buyers Premium on cash or check payments when picking up of purchases, 10% Buyers Premium on cash or check payments when picking up and removing merchandise from the building on the Thursday and Friday following the auction, no exceptions!
5. It is the buyer's responsible to contact the auction house to schedule pick up and type of payment, we will use your card on file if no contact is made 48 hours after auction closes.
6. To participate in our auctions, you must register online to bid with Auction Flex / HiBid bidding platform, you will need a credit card to register, this is to ensure payment for items you successfully win. Winning bidders will have several options to pay (1) online payment option on your invoice 20% buyer's premium, (2) cash or check with a 10% discount on buyer's premium must be picked up and paid within 48 hours of the start of the auction. The auction will have staff on location, 239 Joseph Biggs Memorial Highway, Rising Sun, MD 21911. All merchandise pickup must be by appointment, call the auction 410-658-9720 to schedule or for more information.
7. When you bid on an item and win, you are entering into a legally binding contract with Jim Racine Auctions LLC. There are no returns or exchanges. The auction is not responsible for any errors in descriptions provided. Due diligence to verify the condition and description of a lot is the responsibility of the Bidder prior to any bid. If you are the winning bidder, you have a legal obligation to purchase the item(s). Place a bid only if you are serious about buying the item. Please have any questions resolved before bidding by calling 410-658-9720. Jim Racine Auctions LLC. reserves the right to withdraw any lot listed in the auction.
8. ALL SALES ARE FINAL - NO REFUNDS AND NO EXCHANGES. Neither the auctioneer nor any consignor makes any warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to the property, and in no event shall they be responsible for the correctness, nor deemed to have made any representation or warranty, of description, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin, or condition of the property and no statement made at the sale, or in the bill of sale, or invoice or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty of representation or an assumption of liability. Written and oral descriptions are our opinions, unless otherwise noted and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to authenticity, age, condition, materials of items being sold. Jim Racine Auctions LLC. will not be responsible or liable for the correctness of the cataloged descriptions. You the bidder are your own curator by placing a bid, either in person absentee or via the Internet, you signify that you have examined the items fully. If you require absolute certainty in all areas of authenticity, and the results of your evaluation leave uncertainty in your mind, we recommend you have an expert examine the lot for you or do not bid on the item in question. All measurements provided in description are approximate.
9. The purchaser shall be the highest bidder. In the case of a disputed bid, the auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser and may also, withdraw the lot or re-offer the lot for sale.
10. All merchandise purchased must be paid for and removed from the premises. By appointment and by the Covid-19 Virus guidelines the day(s) designated after the auction. The auction company shall have no liability for any damage to property left on its premises. Any items left on premises that were not picked up will be discarded.
11. If the purchaser breaches obligations under the Conditions of Sale, including the buyer's obligation to pay the purchase price of items for which the buyer was the successful bidder, the auction may exercise all of its rights under the law including, without limitation, canceling the sale and applying any payments made by the purchaser to the damages caused and/or offering at public auction, without reserve, any lot or item for which the purchaser has failed to pay in full the purchase price, holding the purchaser liable for any deficiency plus all costs of sale.
12. In no event will the liability of Jim Racine Auctioneers LLC. or its shippers exceed the purchase price actually paid by the purchaser for such item.
13. All purchases are subject to Maryland 6% sales tax unless the purchaser possesses a sales tax exemption number (certificate) and has a copy of the certificate on file in our records plus must fill out the Sales Tax Exemption Certificate.
14. Successful bidders will have a buyer's premium of 20% (15% Buyers Premium on cash or check payments when picking up of purchases, 10% Buyers Premium on cash or check payments when picking up and removing merchandise from the building by Friday after the auction ends (no exceptions!) of the final bid price, plus 6% MD sales tax applied to the total purchase price.
15. The Auction House reserves the right to accept or deny any bids before the auction, during the auction or after the auction has concluded. In an event of a system failure or internet shortage, the bidder acknowledge that the auction house is at not fault.
16. The Auction house may place reserves on items being sold or withdraw any items from the sale.
17. The Auction house is not responsible for lost of internet connection during the sale.
18. The Auction house may cancel or pause any sale due to system failure.
19. Firearms and Ammo purchases are to be paid directly to the auction house.
20. Firearms - Buyer must pay Jim Racine Auctions directly for any firearms purchased. We will not bill your credit card on file with Hibid.
All Firearms will be sold in accordance with Federal and Maryland State laws. All transfers of guns will be handled by our recognized FFL dealer, Ralph 'Bud' McCool. Firearms and taxes are paid to Jim Racine Auctions. Firearm transfer ($45.00 per firearm) and shipping (if required) are to be paid to our recognized FFL dealer. The bidder/buyer of the regulated firearm (long gun/handgun) is whose name will be on the firearms registration. Blackpowder firearms can be picked up at the auction house as no registration is required. Regulated firearms are to be picked up at the FFL dealer's location or shipped to a specified FFL. If shipped, the previous $45 fee still applies. The post office provides $50 insurance per package. Any additional insurance can be added at the expense of the bidder/buyer. If you are an out-of-state bidder/buyer, a copy of the specified FFL of your choice must be provided. It can be forwarded via email Gunnery1237@yahoo or faxed to 410.885.5233. Some out-of-state FFL dealers may require a copy of our recognized Maryland FFL dealer's license before forwarding a copy of their own. If so, the bidder/buyer will need to request the out-of-state FFL dealer's email or fax, allowing the Maryland dealer's FFL license to be forwarded.
Maryland Residents, if purchasing a handgun, must have an HQL (Handgun Qualification License) or be exempt per the state statute to participate in the auction. Maryland residents also are required to pay a fee of $10 to Maryland State Police for the background check. On the website, MDSP.org, Form 77R needs to be completed. An application number will be assigned and a PIN number will be provided via email shortly after completion. These numbers are necessary for the transfer process. Every handgun must have a safety lock at the time of physical transfer. An external safety lock is necessary for any handgun manufactured before December 12, 2002. An integrated mechanical safety lock is necessary for a handgun manufactured after January 1, 2003.
Any application that is denied by federal or state authorities will result in forfeiture of any purchased firearms with no refunds and possible criminal charges.
Any question regarding the Firearm transfer process can be directed to Bud McCool, 302.743.2872.
21. Each participant who has been approved to bid must purchase all winning lots.
22. Please note a bid is a legal binding contract and all sales are final. If you are unsure of a lot condition, size or provenance do not bid.
23. Winners will be notified after the auction is completed and once all bids have been processed to determine the winner for each lot.
24. Winning Bidder's credit card on file with Auction Flex / HiBid with be charged after the auction closed unless you have made prior arrangements with the auction house.
25. As used herein the term "bid price" means the price at which a lot is knocked down to the purchaser and the term "purchase price" means the aggregate of the bid price, buyers premium and sales tax.
A BUYERS PREMIUM PAYABLE BY THE PURCHASER OF 20% (15% Buyers Premium on cash or check payments when picking up of purchases, 10% Buyers Premium on cash or check payments when picking up and removing merchandise from the building by Friday July 15th (no exceptions!) and 6% MD Sales Tax.
26. Shipping and Handling: in house shipping by Jim Racine Auctions LLC is limited to coins, currency, jewelry and other items at our discretion. In house shipping is limited to US only.
27. Third party shipping (US and Canada only No International Shipping) by Mailbag Plus in Elkton, Maryland, furniture and large items beyond Mailbag Plus capabilities must be arranged by the purchaser, please notify us as to what is going on, and to make arrangements for your shipper to pick the item up, all shipping and handling costs / expenses / fees are to be paid by purchaser. We also can make arrangements should you have plans to be in the area for pickup, or a local contact for pickup or arrange a pickup by your third-party shipping company / hauler.
28. Some item in the auction are NOT available for shipping. The lots are listed as "Local Pick Up Only".
29. All payments are in US currency only. We accept cash, check with proper ID, Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
All successful bidders will receive an invoice via email listed in their profile after the completion of the auction. Please make sure that your email address is correct in your profile. Jim Racine Auctions LLC. Would like to have a current contact number on record also, Invoice includes all winning items amount, 20% Buyer's Premium (15% Buyers Premium on cash or check payments when picking up of purchases, 10% Buyers Premium on cash or check payments when picking up and removing merchandise from the building by Friday July 15th, (no exceptions!), plus 6% MD sales tax applied to the total purchase price.
Bidders are responsible to pay their invoice and failure to do so will entail any of the combination of measures: elimination for all future auctions from the hosting site, credit agency reporting and legal collection agency.
ITEM PICKUP: By appointment only. 410-658-9720
LOCATION OF PICKUP:
239 Joseph Biggs Memorial Highway (Rt. 274) Rising Sun, MD 21911
All sales are final. 3rd party shipping through Mailbag Plus, Elkton MD 410-620-2021
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms